Quantity: 1 available
Edge wear, lower-right corner crease and lower-left corner chip. Pinhole near the upper-left corner and a pin impression on the right edge. Foxing on the reverse side, postally unused. A rare real photo post card (RPPC) of the Cummings-Smith House at 503 W. Lang St. in Alvin, Texas (Brazoria County). At the time of this photo, circa 1910, it was the residence of Mr. Smith, as indicated in white lettering on the image. The house now has a Texas Historical Marker that reads: "After the Galveston hurricane of 1900 destroyed his home, banker-investor Oscar Smith Cummings (1866-1941) hired contractors Booth and Bigler to salvage the materials and build this Victorian residence in 1900-01. Oscar Smith, owner of a local meat market, bought the dwelling when Cummings moved to Houston in 1904. Threatened with demolition in 1972, the house was purchased and restored by Mr. and Mrs. Hubert G. Howerton. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1977." Texas Historical Marker No: 9550, Medallion & Plate.